Charged With a California Sex Crime?
Our San Jose Sex Crime Attorney Represents the Accused
Allegations related to sex crimes are extremely serious. You face life altering consequences, including stiff penalties, jail time and/or lifelong sex offender registration. For a defendant guilty of a sex crime, the situation can create feelings of despair. For falsely accused defendants, the very nature of such charges often creates prejudice. Establishing a solid defense that protects your best interests might seem difficult. However, our San Jose sex crime attorney can use strategies to present your narrative.
At the Law Offices of Thomas Nicholas Cvietkovich, we understand how difficult facing charges of sex crimes can be. Our years of experience have allowed us the agency to develop effective defense strategies. As a result, we can use a team of experts to review the allegations against you. Police reports can be reviewed, evidence can be scrutinized and witnesses can be cross examined.
We know how important it is to have an advocate on your side that is willing to listen and fight for you. Ultimately, our goal is to dismiss or reduce the charges against you.
What Are Common Defense Strategies Used for California Sex Crimes?
Conviction of a sex crime can have devastating consequences. In addition to severe legal penalties, you face permanent damage to your reputation. Furthermore, you can lose out on future employment opportunities. Depending on the specific offense, a conviction may require you to register as a convicted sex offender. As a result, you can face lifelong negative impacts and humiliating situations.
For this reason, you should contact a San Jose sex crime defense lawyer. A legal professional can help work to reduce or dismiss charges. If you are a repeat criminal offender, an attorney can negotiate with prosecutors when necessary. Our San Jose defense attorney has experience defending a variety of allegations. As a result, we have developed reliable defense strategies for charges of:
- Rape. If convicted, you can face up to eight years in prison, $10,000 in fines and lifetime sex offender registration. Defense strategies involve establishing an alibi, using witness testimony, scrutinizing evidence and examining medical records.
- Statutory Rape. Many times, these charges involve high school teenagers a few months apart. A California sex crimes attorney can negotiate to persuade the court to reduce charges to a misdemeanor.
- Internet Sex Offenses. These charges can be severe and complicated given the technology platform involved. A common defense strategy is to claim entrapment for these internet sting claims.
- Child Pornography. In general, these charges stem from discovering illegal content on a smart device. For this reason, our California attorneys can investigate whether anyone else had access to your devices.
- Prostitution and Solicitation. Intent and context is important to establish for a California prostitution defense. Entrapment, Miranda rights violations and presence are defense options.
How Can I Strengthen My California Sex Crime Defense?
It is an unfortunate reality that charges of sex crimes are often result of false accusations, and have little basis in fact. They may be motivated by anger, jealousy or the potential for financial gain on the part of the accuser. A thorough investigation of the facts, however, can reveal such motivations. Even if you are guilty of committing a sex crime, our office may still be able to help you. Negotiating with prosecutors may be the best approach in a given situation.
California law contains more than 100 separate statutes relating sex crimes in the state. Many of these laws involve the age and consent of involved parties. Therefore, a full investigation of the circumstances surrounding your charges is the key to building a qualified defense. After all, an investigation could reveal supporting evidence that strengthens your case. For example, it could reveal that a party had altered motives or has mistaken your identity for someone else.
Sex Crime Allegations? Contact Our San Jose Sex Crime Attorney for a Free Consultation
Without legal representation, you face a future full of turmoil if you are arrested for a California sex crime. If convicted of a felony, you can lose out on job opportunities, educational grants and government housing. Everyone has the right to defend themselves from serous accusations. If you have been charged with a California sex crime, our San Jose sex crimes defense lawyer can help.
If you are dealing with allegations of sex crimes, contact The Law Offices of Thomas Nicholas Cvietkovich. Our Bay Area attorney’s success stems from experience. As a result, our firm knows what strategies have the best chance of strengthening your defense.
Contact us today at (408) 898-9653 to schedule a free consultation. After hearing your story, we can let you know if and how we can defend you from these allegations. We proudly serve clients in San Jose, Santa Clara and throughout the Bay Area.